Wednesday, June 1, 2011

LASER-CUT MODEL MAKING

----

With 4 grown adults and 4 young adults in 1 SUV, yesterday's trip to the model maker housed in Sucat, Paranaque felt more like an excursion rather than a site visit. 

Complaining? Totally not! :)

----

Upon entry, though we heard that the factory we were at had state-of-the-art machines and were commissioned by humongous companies by the bulk, it was obvious how homey and simple their set-up was. As soon as we stepped out of the vehicle, the first thing we saw were their faux plants, used to adorn their scale models. 


Check how cute the townhouses look amidst the table its on and the cutter next to it!

Check out the bottle of energy drink behind! It's obvious how much time and energy needed to finish the models.

Here are some other shots of the other models that go with the townhouses above:



No paint yet! They said they just started on it


Now what's so cool about the models is that though they're made by hand, the pieces are cut to size and shape by a sort of a "laser printer/cutter". 


Check out the other adorable stuff we saw! I want to post the pictures I took around their factory but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to so, I guess these bits and pieces of snippets would do. :)

These tiny, tiny homes light up!


Lads abound the entire factory!

What a fun trip that was! I totally learned a whole lot about model making homes, buildings and subdivisions. Lots with crazy contours were like "wow"! The experience made me take a second look at the intricacy of making a scale model for firms and businesses. 


Toodles!


Cathy


Photo credit: my phone

Sabbatical

Currently pledged myself to a sabbatical away from certain things, work none the less but that aspect will have to  experience some delay....