Sunday, August 21, 2011

RONAC ART CENTER


Last Tuesday, I received an email inviting me to go to an event at Ronac Art Center , to be held last Thursday, August 18,2011. I was told that the event was entitled Art Talk 101, focusing on everything we needed to know about the upcoming ManilArt and the local artists and pieces, "revered in the global art scene". Upon reading the entire mail (which included the invitation), I knew that I just had to go!

-- **Thanks to the people of GeiserMaclang Marketing Communications Inc.for inviting me! :)** --

Like the early bird that I usually am, I arrived an hour early at Ronac Art Center. I really planned on leaving Ortigas a wee bit earlier to both stray away from heavy traffic and, to take some pictures around the premises of the Art Center, because it would be my first time to go there. 


Here are some of the photos that I took before the sun went down. I'm not a professional photographer so no judging okay! :)



I love how their winding staircase travels all the way up to the 4th level and 


how it becomes a focal point on the right side of the building!


While strolling around after my Dad was backing out of the parking lot (yes, my Dad dropped me off..haha :P), I heard someone call out my name. I turned back and saw my blockmate Tats who, was also invited to the same event! Such a small world. I love it! :) 


Tats and I went around the building and took several pictures while we were at it.
After all the walking, we wanted to freshen up and prepare for the talk. We didn't know where the comfort rooms were so we asked a saleslady to teach us where to go. We were told to go to the basement and so we did. Instead of going straight to the bathroom, we ended up taking more photos and found this collection of Smurf toys from McDo! <3 I just had to take a photo because I was only able to acquire one of them.


Guess where I found the collection of Toys?? At Jagnus Design Studio!! 


They're Ronac's in-house Architectural firm!


Now how coooool is that?! They got me at Lego's. haha

Even the walls that surround the basement parking area at Ronac, will throw you into inspiration mode....



Pretty cool huh.

I'll show you guys how the rest of the evening went in my next post. :) For now, here's the official poster of this year's ManilArt Fair . 


See you there!! :)

Toodles!!

Cathy

Photo credit: My camera

Sabbatical

Currently pledged myself to a sabbatical away from certain things, work none the less but that aspect will have to  experience some delay....