Monday, February 7, 2011

ANNE HATHAWAY, "LOVE AND OTHER DRUGS" & FILMS TO SEE..

Ever since I was in grade school, I've always been a huge fan of Anne Hathaway. I watched "Princess Diaries the movie" via VCD (so old school right?? Yes I know...hahahaha) again and again that even my brother Pocholo, knew so many lines and scenes by heart! Anne Hathaway's role as Mia Thermopolis really caught my eye that I never let most of her succeeding movies out of my radar! I would often watch her movies solely because she was a part of it!

After watching 'Alice in Wonderland" and "Valentine's Day" early last year, I began wondering where I could watch Anne Hathaway next. So when I found out last year that Anne Hathaway would be starring in the movie "Love and Other Drugs", I couldn't help but watch out for its opening date. I was just too excited! I actually kept talking about it over and over again.

Anne Hathaway as Maggie Murdock

I rarely watched films simply because the actors and actresses in it are my favorite. I always told myself and my friends that its not about the cast, but more of the story that matters. For some weird reason though, I guess its because I'm a total fan, Anne Hathaway was never included in that "rule".

In "Love and Other Drugs", it took around 20 to 30 minutes of play time before Anne Hathaway appeared as a sick patient diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease. It took so long before she showed up that I began wondering if I was watching the right movie or something...hahahaha. Once she appeared on screen, she became a constant mainstay in the flow of the story. I found the plot well-thought of though I was in shock when she reluctantly showed one of her breasts for her doctor to see. From then on, the romance with her partner in the film developed. The more their relationship strengthened, the more I saw explicit scenes! Coming from someone who can be such a baby sometimes, I just wanted to keep my face covered the entire time!

Apart from the fact that there were numerous s*x scenes in the movie, the story ended in such a sweet manner. Mhmm... I might end up spoiling the ending so I'm just going to go mum in 5.....4.....3....2.....1! :D

--------------------------------------------

Below are some other movies I've watched where Anne Hathaway became a part of:

as Mia Thermopolis in "The Princess Diaries" (2001)
as Mia Thermopolis in "The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement" (2004)
as Ella in "Ella Enchanted" (2004)


as Andrea ‘Andy’ Sachs in "The Devil Wears Prada" (2006)
as Jane Austen in "Becoming Jane" (2007)

as Agent 88 in "Get Smart" (2008)
as Emma in "Bride Wars" (2009)
as White Queen in "Alice in Wonderland" (2010)


as Liz in "Valentine's Day" (2010)


 -------------------------

Watch out for Anne Hathaway in her future films as well!

as the voice of Jewel in "Rio" (2011)

as the Catwoman in "The Dark Knight Rises" (2012)

 TOODLES!


CATHY



Photo & Info Credit: Google, Wikipedia & http://wanttoknowit.com/anne-hathaway-movie-list/

Sabbatical

Currently pledged myself to a sabbatical away from certain things, work none the less but that aspect will have to  experience some delay....