Tuesday, February 1, 2011

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS.....

Ah yes! Once again I have succumbed to my need to express myself like crazy. As a "seasonal" blogger (meaning I blog then I stop then I blog again), I have had my share of ups and downs in this whole "blooooooooooogging" bussiness. It's like everyone is a writer and can be a blogger! ... Well I'm not complaining; I'm just totally saying.haha...



As this is my first "Post", I guess it's my duty as it's "Author" to properly introduce this site to my delightful (well, HOPEFULLY) readers.

This blog, just as the title of this post dictates, is all about "my favorite things". Upon seeing the title of this page, I'm sure you were like "What the heck is a Schnitzel???" or "Where the h*ll did she get her title???". Haha. Well sorry to disappoint those who may think that I came up with the clever title of this blog because, I totally didn't. The statement "Doorbells & Sleigh Bells & Schnitzel w/ Noodles" came from a song used in the soundtrack of one of my all-time favorite movies: Sound of Music! :)

To those who have not heard or watched the movie, it's one of those Nazi-related movies with important points on love, family and good breeding (yada yada, the usual nitty-gritty stories).

Maria the main character of the movie (played by Julie Andrew) was an Austrian nun who left the convent in search of another kind of meaning in life. She was tasked to be the governess to the children of a Naval officer. With the father of the kids often being away, Maria developed a close relationship with the kids. One night, the weather grumbled for thunder started to roar. This frightened the kids, especially the younger ones. To lessen their fright, Maria thought of singing a song... A song of all her favorite things.....  :)


Maria - My Favorite Things Lyrics

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things

When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

[Repeat all verses]

 On days when I'm down, lonely or stressed out, just like Maria, I like to recall the things that make me smile. This site is just that. :)

Toodles!

Cathy

 (Baguio, December 2010)
"Baguio is LOVE. Just don't make the mistake of turning left to Session Road where traffic & pollution can kill.... HAHAHA"


Photo credit: First two pics not mine, last one is! :) 

Sabbatical

Currently pledged myself to a sabbatical away from certain things, work none the less but that aspect will have to  experience some delay....