Friday, June 10, 2011

DOMINIC RUBIO


Currently loving the cover of Contemporary Art Magazine. :)  
With a sample of Dominic Rubio's work on the cover, this months issue looks more than lively! 

When I saw a collection of his work for the first time at a gallery  in SM Megamall, I instantly fell in love with them! I love the constant use of bubblehead-like figures in his paintings for they make his artworks look so unique. The faces looking so cute and in only a few angles, their attires are very reminiscent of the Spanish Invasion. Have you even known anyone whose style is such?

With the characters looking serene and of the colonial era, it would be a dream to own a piece of work by him. :) Here's a photo of the artist next to one of his numerous paintings: 


If last months peg was Status Magazine with Yoko Ono on the cover, this months issue of Contemporary Art Magazine takes my bid. I'm surely going to grab a copy of this magazine when I go out this weekend. :)

Toodles!

Cathy

Sabbatical

Currently pledged myself to a sabbatical away from certain things, work none the less but that aspect will have to  experience some delay....