Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A PRINCESS INSTILLED


I am currently in search of a new series to read now that I am in my early 20's. At this point, I would like to thank the writer who filled my teenage years with so much color and enthusiasm: MEG CABOT. 


Her Princess Diaries novels captivated my heart throughout my high school and college years, often leaving my assignments and quizzes at bay. Though I would sometimes stop reading and end up reading sporadically, seeing newly published novels of the Princess Diaries line always tickled me into getting back to hitting the books. 



Childish as other people may say but, these books really saved me from the naivety that beheld me as a teenager. As "teeny-bopper" ( a terminology many adults would use) as the books may be, they still showed me a world far beyond and out my usual norms. 



The way I think, how I am and my respect for nature were instilled in me by my interest in Mia Thermopolis, the main character of the line. Mia's character made me realize how normal it was to feel a certain way and to go through phases in life we would, most often prefer not be in. 


Mia's development and lessons in life though it may sound cheesy, guided my development and lessons in life as well. So once a again, thank you Meg Cabot! Thank you so, so much.  :) 



In honor of the Princess Diaries Series, here's a rundown of books 1-10. Enjoy!














Though some versions of the covers for each novel have been changed these past years, I cannot help but lean towards the original style they came out with, as seen in the first few photos above. :)

Toodles!

Cathy 

Sabbatical

Currently pledged myself to a sabbatical away from certain things, work none the less but that aspect will have to  experience some delay....